JD Sweid Foods is one of the largest poultry and red meat further processors in Canada. We service both the retail and food service channels and offer high quality products that deliver on taste. With locations in Langley, BC and Waterloo, ON, we employ over 600 people nationally. At JD Sweid we have created something special: A better place to work and feel like a part of a team. Many employees start just expecting a pay cheque but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training during your early days. We always try to promote from existing employees by creating internal advancement to all employees. We are currently looking to add to a Supervisor at our Waterloo facility:
- Night Shift (Sunday night through to Friday morning)
- Competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package
- Bonus Program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Positive, safe and encouraging work environment
- RSP (Group Retirement Savings Plan) Company contributions
- Social Committee events
The night shift Production Supervisor for the Waterloo ON facility provides leadership and supervisory support for all operational shifting as required, however the primary shifting requirement will be for Night Shift. Ensuring our high standards for production, quality, workplace and food safety, the Production Supervisor will also provide project leadership and follow through for plant based improvement priorities. In this position, the Supervisor and will work collaboratively within the Waterloo facility to identify and achieve sustained improvement results.
The following represents the general nature of the role and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of priorities.
- Provide Supervision to an operational team including: training, staffing, performance management and work organization.
- Provide leadership and encouragement, while continually developing employees in accordance with the needs of the unit. Create an environment where teamwork and continuous improvement flourish
- Accountable for achieving or exceeding daily performance targets. Will ensure corrective measures are taken where needed and preventative actions are followed.
- Supervise the quality of our products and the healthy and safety of the work environment
- Manage all production and crew activities to produce results that meet or exceed accepted quality, efficiency and safety standards
- Foster a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of operation
- Liaise with other departments on production concerns and maintain strong customer service relationships within and outside the organization.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Supervisory or Lead Hand experience in food production and/or processing is required, preferably with poultry and coatings experience.
- Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and Quality Assurance systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (work well in both team and independent settings)
- Creative organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills