JD Sweid Foods is one of the largest poultry and red meat further processors in Canada. We service both the retail and food service channels and offer high quality products that deliver on taste. With locations in Langley, BC and Waterloo, ON, we employ over 600 people nationally. At JD Sweid we have created something special: A better place to work and feel like a part of a team. Many employees start just expecting a pay cheque but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training during your early days. We always try to promote from existing employees by creating internal advancement to all employees. We are currently looking to add a Shipper-Receiver at our Waterloo facility:
· Night Shift (Sunday to Thursday)
· Very competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package including RSP
· Bonus Program
· Opportunity for career growth
· Positive, safe and encouraging work environment
· Social Committee events
Contributing to the efficient and orderly flow of raw materials and finished goods, the Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for unloading and loading of product and making sure documentation is correct. This person will work primarily on the loading dock and in the freezer with some heavy lifting. The successful candidate will possess, or be capable of achieving, a Mobile Equipment Certification for all relevant equipment. Flexibility for some shift rotation is essential during vacation coverage.
- Mobile Equipment Certification, working knowledge and practical experience with a Narrow Aisle Reach Truck is preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and basic math skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be dependable and hold an above average attendance record