We are actively seeking a skilled Cost Accountant to join our team at the Waterloo, ON facility.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding organizational and analytical abilities, coupled with a proven track record in cost accounting within a manufacturing setting. Adept at problem-solving and collaboration across various departments, the successful candidate will embody confidence and professionalism. We encourage individuals who are not hesitant to challenge conventional approaches and, above all, possess an inquisitive mindset geared towards continuous learning and professional growth in the role. If you are ready to contribute your expertise to a dynamic work environment, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity with us.
In the upcoming year, we are embarking on an exciting journey marked by transformative changes, notably the implementation of a new ERP system. The Cost Accountant will play a pivotal role in this process, contributing their expertise to ensure the seamless integration and success of this significant undertaking.
Reporting to the Director of Finance – Corporate, the Cost Accountant role specializes in tracking and analyzing the costs associated with the JD Sweid production. The primary responsibility is to collect, analyze, and report financial information related to the costs of production, operations, and business activities.
- Work with the Product Development and Operations Teams to develop cost estimates for new products.
- Perform periodic cost reviews for existing products.
- Analyze cost variances (actual vs. standard vs. estimates).
- Set up new products (inventory master, bill of materials, and standards) in the ERP system as necessary.
- Develop and maintain production standards.
- Perform ongoing reviews and maintain standard overhead and labour application rates.
- Assist in the month/year-end closing process.
- Analysis of inventory and product costing.
- Assist Operations in the development and measurement of cost-saving initiatives.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting of key operational numbers vs targets and prior years
- Dedicated and detail-oriented person with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all departments daily.
- Above average Excel Skills and working knowledge of Power BI.
- Working towards or possessing an accounting designation (CPA) is preferred.
- Two to three years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation of analysis.
- CPA designation in progress is an asset.
- Strong time management, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills to build relationships with various departments.
- High-level learning skills are crucial, demonstrating a strong ability to comprehend and grasp new, complex concepts. A key attribute includes fostering curiosity and a genuine eagerness to acquire knowledge.
- Full-time, in-office position
- Monday to Friday work week
What We Offer:
- Benefits (Extended Health, Dental, EFAP, etc.)
- Annual Incentive Plan
- RRSP matching
- Education reimbursement
- Casual work environment
JD Sweid is an equal opportunity employer however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.